Quick notes from the Staff Senate meeting on April 14. Please note that these are not the official minutes of the meeting.
Debbie McLoud – HR Updates
- Performance evaluations are currently being finalized.
- Salary increases for base salary and merit payments are planned pending Board approval. The next board meeting will be on May 25.
- Health insurance premiums will increase. There will be no changes to our dental insurance or health plan.
- Human Resources is launching a study on compensation and classification. This will be led by Debbie McLoud. The goal is to implement a comprehensive campus-wide compensation plan.
- If approved, all positions will be unclassified by 2023.
Gary Smith – Parking and Transit Updates
- Yield markings for Garland and Harmon parking lots are planned for the summer.
- Please note that lots will need to be released for the Garth Brooks concert on April 23.
- There will be a 3 percent increase for parking permits next year.
- Outstanding Team Award – There were seven nominations.
- Arkansas Teacher Core is the Outstanding Team winner.
- The nominations survey was sent out via Newswire. Please name those who you think would do a great job serving on the Staff Senate.
- The elections will begin on April 24.
Employee of the Quarter and Employee of the Year
- There were 11 candidates for third quarter employee.
- The Staff Senate Picnic is on May 19. Installation is May 18 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- There will be a trade fair. If you have any questions, please contact Jen Boyer.
- Staff Senate Celebration is April 26 at 1:30 p.m.
Child care support committee
- The survey data will be analyzed at the beginning of the week. There were 220 responses.
- The search for the Chancellor continues.
- About 100 people joined the Staff Senate Forum.
- The officers met Chancellor Robinson yesterday. Raises and childcare assistance were discussed.
- The remote and flexible working group continues to meet. They review the approval process done through Workday.
Around the Senate:
- The Arkansas Alumni Association’s Working Like a Hog event will take place on April 28.
- The Chancellor’s Commission panel on women will take place on April 18 and will focus on empowerment through mentoring.
- Be kind to your Anthony Travel agent and obey all travel rules.
- Orientation begins May 25.